You are here
- 2 x 400g cans Saldanha Middlecut, drained
- 3 slices wholewheat bread, soaked in ½ cup milk
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 packet mushroom soup, added in dry for flavour
- 1 fresh chilli, finely chopped
- Mixture of ½ cup flour and ¼ cup oats, for dusting
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup pineapple, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, freshly grated
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 large potatoes, cut into wedges
- Chilli flakes
- Handful rocket
- 8 fresh burger rolls
- Drizzle wedges with oil, dust with chilli flakes, and bake at 180˚C until golden and cooked through.
- Mix all ingredients together with a spoon, making round and slightly flat burger patties with your hands.
- Roll each pattie in the flour and oat mixture, frying in deep oil (2 minutes each side) or until crispy brown.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the burger pattie on the burger roll and top with salsa and rocket.
- Serve with potato wedges on the side.
Takes 45 minutes.