You are here
- 2 x 400g cans Saldanha Middlecut OR Pilchards
- ⅔ cup cake flour
- 2 cups red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 extra large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into beaten eggs.
- Add chopped peppers and grated cheese.
- Add drained and mashed middlecut or pilchards and mix.
- Spoon into a well-greased muffin pan.
- Bake at 180ºC for 10 - 15 minutes or until firm to the touch and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Takes about 20 minutes.